In 2017-2018 Toastmasters reinvigorated its educational program. That included the introduction to the organization, now a handy booklet called “The Navigator”. You can go through it on Pathways, or as a PDF here.The Navigator
- Take a look at The Navigator to familiarize with how Toastmasters works.
- You will have access to Pathways Basecamp, where you can pick the path of skills you want to focus on and start looking through your projects.
- You should regularly attend meetings. This will help you get to know the other members and get comfortable with the various meeting roles.
- Check out the Toastmasters Welcome (TM.org).
- You should be assigned a mentor (what then?).
- Look at your Pathway to see what roles and speeches you should do to progress.
- If you aren’t already, familiarize yourself with the meeting roles.
- Pick some roles for the upcoming meetings, and prepare!
- Choose a date (with the help of your mentor) for your first speech.